What is proper container placement at the street?
Placement of all carts at the curb is essential to insure collection by automated trucks.
Place your trash cart on either side of your driveway, at the edge of the curb. Allow a
minimum of five feet of clearance on all sides of the cart from objects such as mailboxes,
streetlights and other carts. Carts must be a minimum of eighteen feet from any vehicles,
trees and fences. Position your carts in a manner so that pedestrians can use the sidewalk.
- Five (5) feet apart
- At least (5) feet from mailboxes, streetlights and other carts
- At least eighteen (18) feet from cars, trees, and fences
- Cart wheels as close to the curb as possible
- Cart lids opening toward street
- LIDS ON CARTS MUST BE CLOSED COMPLETELY
When possible, trucks with robotic arms will lift, empty and replace the carts without
the drivers leaving the trucks, reducing safety hazards and traffic congestion.
Please remove all containers from the street as soon as possible after collection.
What items are not accepted in garbage cans?
- Motor Oil
- Hazardous Waste
- Liquid Paint
- Needles or syringes
- Loose or hot ashes
- Dead animals
- Loose cat litter or animal waste (please double bag)
- Unbagged packing pellets or sawdust
- Concrete, rocks, or dirt